Waikiki Surf Night

Waikiki Surf Night

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Time to leave...

The last days of surfing have been great!! I enjoyed 'pops', 'three's' and 'first break' - even though the last week the waves have been a little smaller - but maybe we have just been spoiled this summer!
I decided to sell my surfboard. It is an 'Ole' - Bob Ole is one of the best! He makes fantastic Longboards and is famous in Hawaii. He lives on Maui and has a little, tiny shop there, where he shapes custom boards. My 9'6 custom 'Ole' has been a wonderful companion and sometimes I got the impression that it's not me improving - it's just the board making up for my mistakes ..
So many people asked about it and than one morning this guy comes along - Chris. He loves 'Ole'-boards and was interested in mine straight away .. I did not really wanted to sell it, but to let it sit for so long hurts as well. Like giving away a loved pet - it always is most important to find a good home - and I did! Take care of my pet and have fun! Thanks Chris!
I wanna capture every moment on my last day, inhale the vibrant morning breeze, remember the picture of the rising sun behind Diamond Head...

No comments:

Post a Comment