Waikiki Surf Night

Waikiki Surf Night

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Los Angeles

San Diego has been great, but in order to get a little prepared for living in Los Angeles for a while I have been up there for a weekend to check it out. Last time I have been there is over 10 years ago - crazy! And I must say: It's not as bad as I thought! There are nice parts of the city like Long Beach, Santa Monica with the pier, the beaches and the whole surfing vibe. But there is Venice as well with it's gallerys and all the street art and the colourful beach walk full of the most different people.
 
Of course Hollywood with all the famous, but not so shiny places in real life like the walk of fame. 
Or 'The Getty' in Bel Air and of course Beverly Hills... 
 
Nice neighborhood.. If somebody likes to donate a couple of million dollars - great! But actually  it could get a little boring .. I think Venice or Santa Monica would be great, but Culver City is the last Metro Stop and the vibe there is a little like in a smaller city - a bit in between Santa Monica and Downtown.

 

I definitely look forward to moving to LA! It seems like there is a lot to see, do and experience! And they even have some decent surf!
One of the things I had to see was: Rodeo Drive. I had never been there and only knew the strip from some TV shots, but I was especially interested  in the hotel from 'Pretty Woman': The Regent Beverly Wilshire! 

It is located at the end 
of Rodeo Drive and you can even have a coffee and some fancy snacks in their own very, very fancy Café! On Rodeo Drive itself you cannot really shop, but it is beautiful and strolling through the street while window shopping is definitely worth a visit!







No comments:

Post a Comment