Waikiki Surf Night

Waikiki Surf Night

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Welcome to San Diego!

It is August 2014 and finally I arrived (after a lot of visa issues of the US embassy)  in San Diego! I found a beautiful place to stay with a great crowd of people - my new roommates! I got a car with 'dirt cheap car rental' - a tiny little Nissan, but it is big enough to fit a surfboard.

I was able to buy a 9'1 15th Street longboard and hopefully it surfs as good as it looks. And it was a total coinsidence that it fit absolutely perfect into my little car - it is definitely made for me! And I even 'let the cow fly' (as my brother would say) and spent some extra money on a nice brand new, colour matching leash..

 On my first weekend I visited the beaches around - drove all the way up to Newport Beach, which is beautiful, but packed! Got to meet some old friends from Hawaii and enjoyed a day cruising the beach walk there thanks to BJ and Joleen!
Now back in La Jolla I go surf every morning and hopefully my skills will refresh and I get better each day.
I am exited to see how work is going to be once everything is organized. So far I know that I have to undergo a welcoming event and some safety presentations before I can really start - I am curious and look forward to being a full member of the scripps team!


No comments:

Post a Comment