Waikiki Surf Night

Waikiki Surf Night

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Lunch time and Burgers

 Every time I am on a trip in the US I always crave for certain foods - burgers, steak, but also stuff like sweet potato fries with a lemon dip.

Lucky me we have an organic restaurant in front of our lab door - the 'Green Acre'. It serves salads and veggies from the own garden, which is positioned between the three buildings of that research site. Gardeners are working all day and the restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch:
http://www.greenacresd.com/
I took the pictue on the right during my lunch break - so yes, it really is that pretty and nice!! And hot! The first time ever my phone shut off and showed the message: iphone has to cool off before use Crazy!

Other important thing: Get  a burger of course!

So two days ago my room mates took me to this place in La Jolla downtown (if you can call it that - La Jolla really isn't that big..):

http://www.burgerlounge.com/

The best part: Because I surf every morning I still drop some pounds even after eating all that!!!

And if somebody now thinks - 'hm, she must have dropped her gluten free diet'. No! Here in America they are a little ahead when it comes to that. In most places you have the choice of a gluten free bun! It's heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment