Waikiki Surf Night

Waikiki Surf Night

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Pike Place Market


The pike place market in Seattle is like an institution - you just have to go there!
So I looked for my favorite Backpacker - the 'Green Turtoise', it's right at the corner of Pike Place and just one block from the waterfront and for 30$/night you get a nice bed, breakfast, wifi and helpful people.
The next morning I visit the market early, grab some fruit, a hot chocolate and watch the famous fishermen prepping their fish display and throwing fish around .. a popular tourist attraction in the afternoon, but tough business because which tourist has a kitchen to prep some fresh catch later?
I wander around downtown for a while, spend some time shopping for a bikini and decide to be brave and try some new mexican place .. I already forgot the name again, but it felt a little like the 'Subway' of Mexico and I was overwhelmed with all the choices of ingredients and sauces and the staff guy was a little overburdened when I asked him to just put a tasty burrito together...
But it tasted aaawesome and I joined some tromped duo outside to enjoy my lunch.. nobody really seemed to care for their music, but I thanked them for the nice time and they seemed to be happy about the fact that they entertained one person!
In the evening I catched a plane to ... HONOLULU!

No comments:

Post a Comment