Waikiki Surf Night

Waikiki Surf Night

Monday, June 29, 2009

Busride to Seattle

Finally I decide to take the 'Quickshuttle' bus to Seattle - it is only 50$ round trip, pick up in Downtown and drop of in Downtown Seattle near the Space needle - perfect! I book a hostel bed in the 'Green Tortoise' and get on the bus in the afternoon .. still with a little bit of a sick feeling how the border is gonna be ..
I fill out the immigration form and use a red pen - that was a mistake! The bus stops and we all have to get out, take our bags and passports and go into a building. 3 officers are waiting, I have to fill out another form in black .. but everything goes normal, no questions asked and I pick up my bag happily and get back on the bus.
The drive down to Seattle is beautiful! The olympic mountains on the left - Snowcaps all the way, forest, lakes and than after about 2h behind the border: view over Seattle ... what a city!
I get dropped of and take this picture ...
The air is clear and warm, bands are playing in pubs and bars and you can close your eyes and feeeel NIRVANA playing somewhere!
I walk to the hostel and loose my way a little - so two homeless people, one in a wheelchair without legs are giving me advice for the way - and the guy with legs asks me if I have plans for tonight - aaawesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment