Waikiki Surf Night

Waikiki Surf Night

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Plzen


When I applied for a PhD position with a professor in San Diego - I never thought I would move to the Czech Republic one day. It never even had crossed my mind. I had seen Prague - about two years ago during a business trip and loved it, but that was all I knew about  the people, the language and the country just across the border from Germany. But - things change, people get offers and my future boss moved to Los Angeles.. and well - Los Angeles sounds great at first, but it is a big, expensive city far, far away and it did not sound tempting to me to spent years of my life there.
 One year on the other hand sounds great, so I was offered to do a colaboration - with the Charles University in Prague.
And I took it.
And here I am .. in a city about 50 min away from Pague and 30 min from the german border. The city of beer - Plzen. New language, new culture, new work, new people. Let's see how that goes. A new start always comes with an end.. and to let something go - is the hardest thing in life. But sometimes we have to do it - to be able to move on.





No comments:

Post a Comment